www.milliekuyer.com

www.milliekuyer.com

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Photographing a Wednesday on a Monday

I met Wednesday at a friend's wedding this summer. After chatting briefly, I found out that she was passionate about music and also a dedicated musician.  We decided to meet the next day for this shoot.


We stopped to photograph our first shots against a wall of an old building in Fernie, B.C. and stumbled across some good fortune. The building was empty and rundown—either about to be torn down or being prepped for a major renovation.


 When we took our first shots in front of the back door I noticed there was a lock but it was not closed. We cracked the door open and stealthily snuck inside. It was a perfect space to work with. I wish I had access to a building like this every day!


Thanks to Wednesday for being keen for the shoot and an easy subject to work with. She wasn't afraid to get dirty; believe me that floor was dirty. No rats though, not that we saw. 



No comments: