www.milliekuyer.com

www.milliekuyer.com

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Surfing and Sunsets- Last couple days at age 26.

The first beach day was a short one. I was kind of glad I had committed myself to shooting rather than surfing. I'm pretty sure I was as content on the sand as I would have been in the water. Plus, as Laura and her friend's shredded (do they even call it that?) her dog Delani kept me company. 


There's a girls only surf competition in a couple weeks I want to come back for- strictly for photography's sake... If I make it out I'll definitely be posting about it. 


That afternoon I tried to find some other friends of mine who were kite boarding at Chesterman's, but I missed them. I snapped a couple shots and moved on. 

They found me in Tofino later and as the evening approached we walked to the beach for a sunset mission. 

It was glorious. The sky glowed for hours as we inspected sea creatures, climbed an old over-hanging shoreline tree, and explored a cave. 

As we wandered along the beach we felt as though we were inside a giant snow-globe with stars instead of snowflakes. 


Those were yesterday's adventures. Today I ate a delicious Gringo from Tacofino and went surfing with Dan for the afternoon. A little slack-line was thrown into the mix as well. It was a perfect way to spend my last day as a 26 year old. 

What an amazing year.


No comments: