www.milliekuyer.com

www.milliekuyer.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sailing through the Gulf Islands and Desolation Sound

After another body-wrecking season of tree planting, I had the incredible opportunity to climb onto my friend's sailboat and embark on a much different journey. We went for a 10 day trip around the gulf islands. After three days at an unforgettable island music festival, we headed through Desolation Sound, and then down the sunshine coast to return home to Vancouver. 


We spent the first couple nights sleeping outside on the deck with a starry sky above us as we rocked with the calm breaths of the sea. 



I took my contact lenses out and slept with my glasses on. When I woke up periodically throughout the night, I opened my eyes and smiled. 



There was a fortune of aquatic estates tucked away in Pridauex Haven and surrounding inlets. 



We had only one day of overcast, cool weather. Otherwise, nothing but sunshine and heat. It was a nice reminder of how awesome it is to be born and living in Canada's beautiful southwest, and how great it is to have friend's with fun toys!




No comments: